My Beautiful Struggle + [the sapphire talisman]

Review: The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos

The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos Publisher: Obsidian Mountain Publishing (December 15th, 2010) Reading Level: Young Adult Paperback: 320 pages Source: Author Series: Talisman, book #2 Rating: 5 of 5 stars With the local vampire coven decimated, Julia and Nicholas try to begin a somewhat normal life together. Bound by secrecy from a shape shifter determined to see Julia’s world-saving prediction come to fruition, Julia isn’t allowed to tell Nicholas the leader survived, ransacking her happiness with guilt. When Alora returns, bent on revenge, the reunion forces Nicholas and Julia to choose what they are willing to live and die for. Review: The Sapphire Talisman was a fabulous sequel to this paranormal tale. In The Emerald Talisman we are introduced to Julia and her brush-ins with the paranormal. The Sapphire Talisman takes this up a bit and we get to see how Julia is dealing with the changes in her life. She is getting more comfortable with Nicholas as they try to have the most normal relationship they can under their less-than-normal circumstances.
Pretty soon things drastically change and Julia is faced with evil again as her friend disappears and is taken in by the vampires. Then, surprisingly, she sees someone she thought had died. I don't want to give it away but I will just say that a character I adored comes back and I couldn't have been happier! I think I actually squealed when I saw the name.
At the same time, Nicholas faces some evil forces he isn't able to fight and Julia struggles with letting him fight the battle alone. I enjoy Nicholas but I won't say I was disapointed with his time away. Julia was well taken care of: ) Go Team * PHIL *.
Brenda did a fabulous job building this world of vampires and that continues throughout The Sapphire Talisman. Her descriptive writing and well-paced action throughout this story made it difficult to put down. Many moments made me gasp out loud and I had to flip the pages faster to see what happened next.

In the beginning Julia seemed very focused on Nicholas but she quickly seemed to grow more independent as the story progressed.
I'm excited to see where this story goes and what's in store for Julia as she dives deeper into the world of vampires and discovers more about her own abilities. The Sapphire Talisman is full of suspense, mystery, action, romance, and surprising moments of humor that will grab the reader from the first page. Amazing job Brenda! I'm curious to see what you have in store for us readers next.

Find Brenda Pandos Blog / Twitter / Facebook / Goodreads
Purchase The Emerald Talisman Amazon / Barnes & Noble / The Book Depository

Order a signed copy of The Sapphire Talisman